NCAA COLLEGE BASKETBALL DIGITAL NEWS EXPERIENCE
OverviewThe Associated Press NCAA Men’s Basketball Digital News Experience is a ready-to-publish Web content package that complements your local coverage and guarantees you revenue. The package includes full conference coverage to keeps readers on your site longer. It includes revenue share or local ad sales opportunities.
How does the NCAA Men’s Basketball Digital News Experience work?
AP editors curate the best of AP’s articles and photos into an attractively designed microsite and embeddable widgets. You present readers with a seamless experience by customizing your Digital News Experience site with your branding. You can upload your own logo, build your own navigation bar and add analytics code to measure performance. Add links to your main website navigation to drive traffic. Implementation documentation and customer support are included.
- The AP Top 25 Poll automatically updates each week.
- Place ad-supported widgets for “Latest News” and the Top 25 poll in prominent spots on your home page or sports page to maximize revenue.
- Once the site is live, you’ll be able to earn revenue in two different ways: (1) participate in a revenue split on national advertising sold by the AP, or; (2) sell your own ads into the site and keep the revenue.
What content is included?
AP Top 25 Poll
- AP Top 25 Poll page – the current and previous weeks
- "By Poll Voter" feature – see each poll voter’s choices
AP Text and Photos
- Game recaps and previews, features and breaking news
- Photo galleries for all games covered by the AP, plus exclusive “themed” photo galleries for the Digital News Experience (i.e., “Best Dunks”)
- Conference and Team destination pages
- News, information and photos for all Division I teams
Full NCAA Tournament coverage
- Complete tournament brackets include scores and details on each team matchup
- "Tournament Journal" blog updated regularly by AP editors
Embeddable widgets for your Web properties
Three widgets that link to your branded Digital News Experience site: “Latest News,” “Top 10” poll display and “Tournament Scoreboard”
- Your logo and navigation on every page.
- Run an RSS feed of your own content on the Digital News Experience site homepage. Links go back to the stories on your main website.
- Filter AP news by team, player, coach or other choices to display in a designated area on the homepage
- Select up to five teams to feature in a “Find Your Teams” area on the home page.
- From there, visitors can navigate to team pages with game recaps, photo galleries and more.
For more information about how AP’s NCAA Men’s Basketball Digital News Experience can help build revenue for your website, contact your AP representative or Bureau Chief.
© 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. Terms and conditions apply. See AP.org for details.